Sunday, April 16, 2006

 

Introducing Maurice Motamed

Maurice (or Morris) is member of the Iranian Parliament, representing the Jewish community.

According to Mr. Motamed, in the current climate set up byIran President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad "a backlash in the wake of [U.S. or Israeli] air strikes becomes a real possibility."

Regarding Iran's right to nuclear power: From MEMRI: "I have traveled many times outside Iran, and have discussed the issue [of the Iranian nuclear project]. I have been asked for my opinion and that of the Iranian Jewish community, and I have always emphasized that the Iranian people has the right to obtain nuclear technology and energy for peaceful purposes. The Iranian people must not give up this right under any circumstances - and indeed, it will not."

I have read and heard from Iranian contact a lot about the right to nuclear status. This is something I will be discussing a lot in coming days.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?